Theletterlink Family Chat Help
Frances Jones, 414 NE Norton - 6, Bend, OR 97701 541-385-9289
How do I post a message?
Type your name, or nickname, in the “Name” box. Type your message in the “Message” box.. Click on the “Show time” box if you want the date and time of your message to appear. Click on “Chat” and your message will appear on your screen. At the same time it will appear on everyone’s screen linked to your chat. Suggestion: Several short messages are easier to read than one long message.
How do I post a private message?
Type your name (or nickname) in the “Name” box. In the “Message” box, the first word must be the name of the person you want to receive your message. Put a punctuation mark such as a colon after the person’s name. Type your message and click the “Private” box to post your message. Your message will pop up for only that person to read; it won’t appear on your screen or anyone else’s.
How do I use the Addressbook?
From the chat page, click on “Addressbook.” The Address Book is available to everyone using the chat. Addresses may be added, deleted, modified or searched.
How do I use the Calendar?
From the chat page click on “Calendar.” A drop-down menu will give you any month and year. To post an event, select month and year dates, then click on “View.” Click the calendar’s date on which to post an event. An information box will pop up. What you type in the “Label” box will show on the calendar. Information in the “Memo” box appears in the “Show event list.”
Special services Theletterlink Family Chat offers:
· This is a private internet chat program, accessible with your special password.
· Not readable by the public or searchable by “web spiders.”
· You control access to the program through your chat password.
· Your chat will be on a secure site at Theletterlink.com
· Your email addresses will never be sold.
· Additional chat programs are available (for example, a family Bible Study chat or a medical issues chat) for $20 a year.
More questions? My email address is frances@Theletterlink.com.